Call us now ! Send us an email Saint Francois St Ste B Florissant United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
(314) 921-1948
Call Us Today!
(314) 921-1948

Contact Information

Carl F Kohnen
Attorney at Law

760 Rue St. Francois Street
Florissant, MO 63031

Phone: 314-921-1948
Fax: 314-921-1990

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

After Hours and Weekend Hours
By Appointment

Show Full Map     Get Directions

Personal Injury Legal Representation

car wreck
If you are injured as a result of the negligence of another person or company, you may be entitled to recover money for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The most common personal injury actions involve motor vehicle accidents. However, the term personal injury also covers aircraft accidents, medical negligence, dog bites, assault and battery, slip and fall, railroad accidents, and many other events that cause injury or death by negligent or intentional conduct.
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is imperative that you obtain the services of a qualified attorney as soon as possible. Remember, the insurance company for the other side is taking immediate steps to try to eliminate or minimize any financial award, which you are entitled to receive.
Photographs showing the damage to the vehicles involved in the collision should be taken and the accident report should be obtained as soon as possible. If the other driver was issued a traffic citation as a result of the accident then that information should be obtained as soon as possible. If there is a trial on the traffic violation, you should make every effort to appear so that the charge is not dismissed. If the injury was caused by the negligent maintenance of property, such as in a slip and fall case, photographs of the area where the accident occurred should be taken before any changes are made to the scene. If the fall was caused by the accumulation of snow or ice then weather data will need to be obtained from the National Weather Service showing the weather conditions at and around the time of the occurrence.
It is imperative to obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the event so that they may be contacted as soon as possible while their recollection of the events are still fresh.
If a driver who did not have automobile liability insurance caused your automobile accident, then a recovery may still be obtained from your own uninsured motorist coverage. Such coverage is required by Missouri law. Additionally, if the other driver's insurance coverage is less than what is required to compensate you for the injuries sustained, and if you have underinsured motorist coverage, your insurance company would be required to pay an additional sum to compensate you up to the maximum amount of your underinsured motorist coverage.
If you have medical insurance coverage as part of your automobile insurance, then you are also entitled to recover up to the amount of the medical insurance coverage for any medical bills incurred as a result of the accident, regardless of fault, and regardless of whether or not you have obtained reimbursement for those medical bills through the other party's insurance policy.
If you are injured in an accident not involving a motor vehicle (such as a fall on someone's property, or if you were bitten by someone's dog) then that person's homeowners insurance policy may be obligated to compensate you for your injuries.
If you are unable to come to our office, we will be happy to come to your house, or if you are confined to a hospital, we can make arrangements to visit you there.
An initial consultation to discuss your case is without charge. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee, which means that you only pay if an award is received on your behalf. Personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations, which limits the time in which you may bring a lawsuit for damages you have received, or for damages arising out of the wrongful death of a loved one. It is important that you do not delay. Please contact us immediately in the event of a personal injury or wrongful death matter. We will give your case prompt and professional attention.
Feel free to browse our other services such as DWI/DUI, wills and trust, and workers compensation. If you'd like to set up a consultation, please call at 314-921-1948.